Decommission Radio Chemistry Lab
During 2016-2020 The radio chemistry lab at TSL has been decommissioned
Goal with emptying and decommissioning localities:
- Equipment reused by others or going back as material in circulation.
- Radiologically cleared premises that can be returned to Akademska Hus for other uses.
Steps in decommission of the Radio Chemistry Lab:
- Empty radioactive preparations and other activities. Done!
- Empty other chemicals. Done!
- Empty all loose equipment. Done!
- Empty TSL´s installations(fume cabinets, hotbox, gaspipes). Done!
- Empty Akademiska Hus´s installations(ventilation, water, sewer, top layers on walls, floor, ceiling). Done!
- Radiological clearance of equipment for reuse. Done!
- Radiological clearance of the premises. Done!
- Application for free clearance of the localities sent in to SSM - Swedish Radiation Protection Authorities. Done!
- Application for free clearance approved by SSM. Done!
- Restore the empty localities to the condition wanted by the owner. Ongoing
- Return the localities to the building owner Akademiska Hus.