Decommission Radiochemistry laboratory
In 2016-2019, the Radiochemistry laboratory at TSL will be decommissioned.
The radiochemistry lab is an independent part that we decommission first. Here we have a chance to learn how to close down a lab, make plans, create routines, develop measurement methods, sort waste etc. In the radio chemistry laboratory, we expect to find contamination and, in exceptional cases, activated objects.
Plan for decommission:
- Empty radioactive preparations and other activities. Done!
- Empty other chemicals. Done!
- Empty loose equipment. Done!
- Empty TSL´s installations(fume cabinets, hotbox, gaspipes).Done!
- Empty Akademiska Hus´s installations(ventilation, water, sewer, top layers on walls, floor, ceiling). Done!
- Radiological clearance of equipment for reuse. Done!
- Radiological clearance of the premises. Ongoing.
Equipment reused by others or returning as material in circulation.
Radiological cleared premises that can be returned to Akademska Hus for other uses.