Decommission Radiochemistry laboratory
In 2016-2020, the Radiochemistry laboratory at TSL will be decommissioned.
The radiochemistry lab is an independent part that we decommission first. Here we have a chance to learn how to close down a laboratory, make plans, create routines, develop measurement methods, sort waste etc. In the radio chemistry laboratory, we expect to find contamination and, in exceptional cases, activated objects.
Parts of the decommission and status for them:
- Empty radioactive preparations and other activities. Done!
- Empty other chemicals. Done!
- Empty loose equipment. Done!
- Empty TSL´s installations(fume cabinets, hotbox, gaspipes).Done!
- Empty Akademiska Hus´s installations(ventilation, water, sewer, top layers on walls, floor, ceiling). Done!
- Radiological clearance of equipment for reuse. Done!
- Radiological clearance of the premises. Ongoing.
- Application for free clearance of the Radiochemistry lab sent in to SSM. Done!
- Equipment reused by others or going back as material in circulation.
- Radiologically cleared premises that can be returned to Akademska Hus for other uses.