QMN (Quasi-monoenergetic neutron) neutronstråle facilitet
Makes it possible to study energy dependence of neutron-induced effects in electronics
- Neutron production reaction: 7Li(p,n)
- Target: 7Li, enriched to 99.99%, 2-24 mm thick
- Peak neutron energy: selectable. The standard energies are: 22, 47, 59, 65, 75, 88, 95, 110, 143, 160, and 175 MeV.
- Maximum flux of high-energy peak neutrons: 3·104 - 3·105 neutron/cm2/s *
- User control of the neutron flux, down to <0.5 cm-2 s-1
- Neutron beam spot size: variable, 1 - 80 cm**
- Neutron beam spot shape: circular or square (other shapes upon request)
- Time required to change the beam spot size: ≤1 hour
- Beam spot uniformity: ±5%
- Area available for users at the beam line: 15 m long, 3 m wide
- Beam axis height above the floor: 150 cm
- More parameters and features
* At the Standard User Position (373 cm from the source). Dependent on the peak energy.
** 1 – 36 cm at the Standard User Position