Sätta upp en test
You provide devices to be tested and equipment to monitor the performance of the devices under test. We provide particle beam(s) as specified by you. Our staff will assist you with planning of your test and support you with technical services and logistics. A full test campaign is normally completed in one week, including changes in the setup and adjustments in the test program according to your specifications.
The irradiation facilities (the ANITA facility, the QMN facility, and the proton facility) are located in the Blue Hall, 12 m below the ground level.
Common features for all TSL irradiation facilities
- The user control rooms (”counting rooms”) are located at the ground level
- The walking distance between the user control rooms and the Blue Hall is ≈100 m
- The following cables are preinstalled between the experimental hall and the user control room:
- Direct Ethernet (RJ45) connections, 6 pcs, including 4 connections rated to 1 Gbit/s
- Coaxial (RG213), with BNC connectors, >100 pcs
- Coaxial (RG58), with SHV connectors, rated to 2.5kV, >60 pcs to the neutron facilities, at least 6 pcs to the proton facility
- Particle flux monitors operate in real-time mode
- Readings of the monitors are continuously logged and are available on-line for users
- Time-stamped log files of the monitor readings are available for users
- Automatic beam-off with user-preset fluence (”BORN-system”)
The Blue Hall, where all irradiation facilities are located
AC power outlets available:
# of Phases
# of Pieces
- Ethernet outlets to TSL network, 4 pcs
- 2 phone lines
- Cell phone network coverage*
- Movable concrete shielding blocks, 60 x 60 x 120 cm, at least 4pcs
- Lasers for alignment of user’s devices under test:
- Rotary point lasers defining the horisontal and vertical planes
- Line laser, for the vertical plane, 1pc**
- Tables on wheels with adjustable height, picture with specs.
- Fork lift 1pc
* A user group can borrow guest cell phones, 2pcs, free of charge.
Available at the neutron facilities.
Service & Support
- Irradiated material storage
- Support staff
The user area extends from 250 cm to ≈15 m downstream of the ANITA production target. The neutron beam propagates from the production target towards the beam dump as a cone or as a pyramid, for cylindrical and square apertures, respectively. The beam axis is going at the height of 150 cm above the floor. Not less than 30 m2 area is available for user’s equipment, with the overall height of at least 2.5 m.
- Beam spot size: variable from 1 cm to 120 cm (up to 80 cm for QMN beams)
- Beam spot shape: circular or square
- Other sizes and shapes available upon request
- Time to change beam spot size/shape: ≤hour
- Thin Film Breakdown Counters
- Fission Ionisation Chambers
- Faraday Cups for the primary proton beam
Proton facility (PAULA)
The user area extends from 50 cm to ≈7.5 m downstream of the proton exit window. The proton beam propagates from the window towards the beam dump as a cone. The beam axis is going at the height of 150 cm above the floor. The overall height of the user area is at least 2.5 m.
- Beam spot size: variable from 0.4 cm to 20 cm
- More info to come
- Thin film breakdown counters
- Scintillator telescope detectors
- Faraday cups